This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by Profile photo of Sam Roon Sam Roon 4 months, 4 weeks ago.

• Author
    Profile photo of Sam Roon Sam Roon 
    Keymaster

You may have noticed that if you throw a link into the Metal Feed input box it doesn’t do anything. The expected behaviour nowadays is that you paste a link into a box like that and dynamically a preview shows up that looks good, has an image and you don’t really need to do anything to make is postable.

We’re currently working on some functionality that will handle URLs in a better way so you get a more facebook-like experience, but for now here is how to make it happen.

You’ll notice there are three little icons at the bottom left of the Metal Feed. The first is for adding an image, the second for adding a video URL and the third is for adding a link. I recommend trying all three to see how they display content, but for now we’re going to focus on the link.

When you click the link icon, a field will appear underneath that allows you to paste the URL you want to share into it.

After pasting the URL you want to share, click the ‘preview’ button to see what the preview will look like.

You’ll see there are some basic options to change the thumbnail that shows up or to remove it entirely. If you aren’t satisfied with the link you selected you can change this over and over again simply by pasting the new URL on top of the old one and hitting enter or clicking on the preview button again.

You can add your own commentary in the normal way using the input box. Before you finalize your post, you can also select if you want to post it from your own profile or in a group that you are a part of. In this case I am happy to share it from my own profile and so I’ll just leave that dropdown alone.

Once you are totally happy with the link sharing, go ahead and click on ‘Add Link’ and your share will go out to the world!

That’s about it for link sharing! In a few months we’re expecting this functionality to be improved and the experience should have less clicks overall. We’ll update this post when that happens.

Please feel free to ask any questions or leave comments here if you have any questions!

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2017 SkullsNBones.com

or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account